Thursday, August 9, 2012

Numenera And Potential Campaign

update: it's already funded...I wonder how high it will go?

Numenera: A new roleplaying game from Monte Cook

Curse you Kickstarter!!!  I've got 39 days to come up with money...

From numenera.com and Monte's blog there are a couple of hints here and there...I'm always interested in new ways to play, but I'm leary of things like "choose from a number of descriptors like clever, tough, strong-willed, or mystical."  I'm just old fashioned and biased towards what I know, so if anyone can win me over it'll be Mr. Cook.  Here's a bunch of my money.

Which makes me want to talk about FATE ladders and stuff...but not today.  I can see a D&D game in my not too unobtainable future and I need to figure out what to play!  I'm trying to decide between the following three four contenders so the next couple of posts will probably be my ramblings about the various Pros and Cons.
  1. Pathfinder
  2. pure Moldvay/Cook
  3. pure DCC RPG
  4. mish-mash of OSR gems
    1. fighter from DCC RPG
    2. thief from LotFP WFRPG
    3. Cleric & Wizard from S&W or LL
    4. house rules absconded from all over the OSR blogosphere





No comments:

Post a Comment