Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day & Free RPG Day

So today is Father's Day!!!  Happy Father's Day all you Dad's out there...

Yesterday was Free RPG Day and here is a little picture of what went down at the only local store participating this year (within reasonable driving distance):


I'm not even going to pretend to be all Above All That concerning the edition wars - you play what you want and have a blast - I consider myself firm in the OSR camp but I'm a charter subscriber to everything Paizo publishes (except the maps and minis).  It warms my bitter old shriveled heart to see three different Pathfinder adventures being hosted on the big 8-seater table while the 4e games was on the little 4-seater.

I know, I know, that's not nice.  Sorry.  The 7-8 guys playing Slavers of the Sunken Garden game was noisy and laughing and generally sounded to be having a good time.  The DM was pretty animated and paced around.  The 4 guys playing 4e were more serious and subdued as they listened to their DM talk about damage with the cold descriptor or something.

Oh, well, it was awesome to get out and see everyone role-playing, really.  All the hating aside, I spent most of the morning talking to 10-15 years olds about the power of hanging out with your friends, drinking Dr Pepper, eating Cheetos, and rolling dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment